Greetings y’all! In this month’s reads, I wasn’t quite as vociferous, as I was finishing up the first round of edits for Lunatic Fringe. BUT, I did read and adore these…
Dirty Like Me, Jaine Diamond — FANTASTIC rock star romance. I loved this book so much. Katie and Jesse are my new fave couple, and I can’t wait to gobble up the second book, which will be Jessa and Brody’s story. SOOO happy this is a completed series and on KU.
Wrapped up in You, Jill Shalvis — I’ve been a Shalvis fangirl since the early days, and her books never fail to be a comfort read when I need it the most. It’s guaranteed I’ll cry at the end, but they’re always happy tears 🙂 In the latest (and hopefully not last) book in the Heartbreaker Bay series, Ivy and Kel are a perfect match for each other, even though it seems like their happily ever after is impossible to reach, given their pasts. Because this is a romance, I always know they’ll get there, but SO much fun along the way 🙂 You can totally read this one as a stand alone, but why would you when there are 7 more books in the series? All as fun and sexy and happily-ever-after as the last.
Merry Christmas, Baby, Katie Reus — Super sweet, fun holiday romance (it’s only 105 here today, I needed some snow-LOL). If you’re looking for a short, heartwarming book w/o too much angst, then Nora and Jackson will do the trick. I read this in one sitting and had a huge smile on my face at the end of it…so much so that I bought the next book in the series.
So I’m horrible about blogging, which is obvious from how many posts I have 🙂 But I AM an avid reader, so I thought I’d drop in once a month and let you know what I’ve enjoyed over the last month.
Fair warning, I tend to read VERY broadly — LOL.
- Protect the Prince, Jennifer Estep — LOVED this second installment of the Crown of Shards trilogy. I can’t wait to read the third. Highly recommended. Fantasy romance.
- Sinister Shadows, Colleen Gleason — Super fun, with a zany supporting cast and a fun romance. All the books in the Wicks Hollow series are fantastic. Mystery romance.
- Aurora Blazing, Jesse Mihalik — Amazing second book in the Consortium Rebellion series (huh, reading a lot of second books this month) with a solid stand-alone romance. Sci-Fi romance.
- The Transporter, Liz Maverick — High-stakes, fast moving with interesting characters… this is the first book in the Hudson Kings series (on KU) and I’m super interested to see where the series goes. Romantic suspense.
- Brazen and the Beast — Love, love, love this book and series (Barenuckle Bastards). Feisty heroine, yummy hero. An all over just-wow series, with the 3d installment coming at the end of June. Historical romance.
Once upon a time I had a blog called Musings from the Blonde Side and I posted semi-regularly, and it had book reviews of stuff I really dug, and news about books and such.
And then life happened and I stopped blogging entirely.
Now we’re in a new year. I’ve got a new website (oooh, look, shiny), a new (sorta) book (look to the right, look to the right!!!), and decided to start over with the blog.
Because who I was back then isn’t really who I am now. Not that there was anything wrong with the old me 🙂 I just had a different set of priorities, and turning 50 seems to have given me a kind of freedom I didn’t really expect (along with hot flashes, ridiculous weight gain and the attention span of a fruit fly).
I won’t discuss politics on here (that’s what Twitter is for), but I will do random musings on most Mondays, and throw a recipe or two in when I have something I really like, and likely talk about the realities of getting older.
So if you like to chat about books, welcome!